COVID-19(Coronavirus) Important Update
May 11, 2020
To all of our patient families at Where Smiles Grow,
We hope this letter finds you and your family happy and in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority at Where Smiles Grow, as you have seen during your family’s visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable.
We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients, families and staff.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions.
- You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We will offer a “virtual check-in” from your cars. Call us when you arrive and we will call you when we are ready to see your child.
- We will limit the amount of people accompanying your child to their visit.
- Please wear your masks when entering the office.
- We will check you and your child’s temperature when entering the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you and your child to use when you enter and exit the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You will see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will allow greater time between patients to allow for proper sanitizing of reception and treatment areas, as well as to allow for social distancing and reduce the number of patients in the office at one time.
- We have added acrylic windows to all check-in and check-out stations.
- We have place medical grade HEPA filters throughout the office to provide the safest possible environment.
- As mentioned above, we have added steps to our already rigorous infection control and OSHA protocols.
- There will be a nominal “PPE Fee” to cover the cost of all of our additional protocols. If you have any questions about this fee, please ask a business team member.
We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we have taken to keep you, and every patient and their family, safe in our practice. Feel free to check our website, Facebook page or call or office, for more information.
As of today, May 11th, per executive order, we are only open to emergent and urgent care. We will update you as New York State begins to open.
We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Where Smiles Grow Doctors and Team.
If Your Child is Experiencing Pain or a Dental Emergency:
Please call our office at 518-785-3911. We have team members available to take calls during our temporary business hours of Monday-Friday 9-2pm. After hours emergency instructions are available at the same number. We will assess your child’s pain and schedule an appointment if needed. All emergency appointments will be seen at our Delmar location: 250 Delaware Ave, Delmar, NY 12054. Due to current social distancing recommendations by the CDC, we will ask that only the patient and one parent be present at any emergency appointments. We ask that you inform us of any current or recent illness when we schedule the appointment.
If you, or your child, have had any of the following experiences, please contact your health care provider before contacting our office:
- Currently have, or recently had, any symptoms of fever, cough, shortness of breath
- Currently have recently come in contact with a person with Coronavirus(COVID-19)
- Currently are under quarantine, or have been asked to voluntarily self-quarantine
Regarding Appointments that are Already Scheduled
If your child has an appointment that has already been scheduled, we will contact you to reschedule. Please do not call the office to reschedule. At this time, we do not know a definitive date when our office will be open again. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Billing and Financial Questions
Members of our team will be working limited hours and will be available to answer your questions during this time. You may call and leave a message or questions for the financial team at 518-785-3911.
During this difficult time, we want you to know we are here for you. We will all get through this together. Please check back as the information on this page will be updated as time goes on and we receive more information. We are following several sources for updates including the CDC (Center for Disease Control), NY State Department of Health, the American Dental Association, and the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Wishing you all good health,
The Doctors and Team at Where Smiles Grow